8:30 AM - 10:30 AM Shared Services 101 – the Fundamentals of Strategic Planning & ImplementationRobert Love, Director, Finance Shared Services, Schneider Electric
It has always been a difficult journey of setting up a new shared services centre. How can you ensure a smooth transformation and valuable services delivered back to the business?
Join this workshop to learn hands-on essential steps to plan, launch, stabilize and transform a new shared services centre, including structure design, process transformation, service definition, talent management and benchmarks for effective implementation.
- Cost-benefit analysis for picking the right location to balance the cost, convenience and talent pool
- Building a solid business case to gain senior management buy in to ensure smooth transformation and efeective communications
- Common implementation mistakes and how to avoid them
- What factors can make the implementation go quicker
- How to select SSC talent and re-allocate them in the right role
- Designing benchmark system to review the implementation regularly
- Making service rehearsals the final phase of preparation to run real life business
- Issues prior to launch
Robert LoveDirector, Finance Shared Services
11:00 AM - 1:00 PM Service Please! Driving Awesome Customer Experience in your SSC
Automation and cost-savings are important but if you aren’t pleasing your customer then the whole process becomes defunct. Customer satisfaction has been an important KPI for shared services & outsourcing organisations as customers increasingly expect to get more than just consistent services from their SS&O organization. They want “innovation” and “continuous improvement” in the services they receive.
· Driving continuous improvement and developing the capability to please customers again and again
· Developing a customer centric culture throughout the shared services organization
· Making it easy for clients to engage in the solution design, mapping the components of the services catalogue to their specific business requirements
2:00 PM - 4:00 PM Optimizing Data Analytics & Empower Your SSC to Provide Increase Value-Added Services
However, while there are some really innovative and intelligent examples of analytics, many SSCs have difficulty adopting a systematic approach to implement in-depth data analytics. Currently, many data analytics processes are still based on simple data extraction and manual conclusion drawing. This workshop will illustrate how you can build a real data analytics strategy to achieve business intelligence through practical case studies.
· Building a strong business case for data analytics implementations to gain stakeholder buy-in
· Using big data and effective analytics within your SSC to move up the value chain
· How can data analytics help with strategic business reporting?
· Linking the data from all parties such as business partners, business units and SSC to get a comprehensive version of data resource
· Case studies, examples of data analytics process in SSCs
4:30 PM - 6:30 PM Operationalising RPA - Tips and Tricks to Set Up and Implement RPA in Your SSCUmesh NV, Senior Director, Global Business Services, Dell Tilak Banerjee, Director, Global Business Services, Dell Technologies
The hottest topic regarding technology in the SSO industry has clearly been how Robotic Process Automation has the potential to revolutionise the way SS&O executives conduct their business, including how it impacts their employees and how transformation can be digitised. Over 30% of SSCs and GBS leaders stated that RPA was #1 on their list of technology priorities. However, most in the Philippines market seem to be at the early stages of RPA planning and implementation. Challenges include the process selection, automation, and talent preparation.
In this session, you will hear from early adopters who have achieved significant efficiency improvements and cost reduction from RPA implementation. They will share the journey through detailed case studies to lead you from the very beginning.
· What is needed to achieve business benefit from technology capabilities by proper governance and robust change management
· Examining how RPA is deployed in shared services organisations as the next transformation level for cost reduction and efficiency improvement
· Tacking the challenges of process selection, standardisation and automation for the effective implementation of RPA
· Developing policies and procedures to ensure governance and deal with security concerns
· Talent Management: Will talent be replaced by RPA and how to develop talent from different function departments for technology enabling
· Case Studies: Early adopters of RPA demonstrate how they achieved positive business results from deploying RPA
Umesh NVSenior Director, Global Business Services
Tilak BanerjeeDirector, Global Business Services